On Monday we attended a Queen’s Day jubilee during a Royal Netherlands Embassy in Washington DC. As it incited out, a outing to and from employed countless modes of transport that all combined together to make for an engaging outing as shown on this map.
View Steve’s Multi-Mode Car-Free Trip in a incomparable map
Here’s how it went, with a transport mode for any shred shown in BOLD:
- we biked from my residence to a East Falls Church Metro station, a stretch of about 1.1 miles (BIKE)
- Boarded a Orange Line into DC and exited during Farragut West (METRO)
- we took a Farragut Crossing “invisible tunnel” transfer, walking to Farragut North (WALK)
- Boarded a Red Line in a instruction of Shady Grove (METRO)
- Exited during Cleveland Park and walked a integrate of blocks to where a Car2Go automobile was parked on Ordway St., NW (WALK).
- we gathering a automobile 1.1 miles to a Embassy. we was means to park unequivocally close, since we squeezed into a little, bitty spot. (CARSHARE)
I afterwards enjoyed a celebration for a integrate of hours, withdrawal about 9:45 to conduct home
- The Car2Go was still parked where we left it, so we gathering it behind to Cleveland Park and parked it on a scale right by a Capital Bikeshare hire (CARSHARE). Had a automobile not been there, we would have walked to a Van Ness Metro station, that is about a 12-15 notation walk.
- Rode a CaBi bike from Cleveland Park to 21st we St. NW, 2.5 miles, that took 14 mins (BIKESHARE). This was most faster than removing on a Metro and carrying to send during Metro Center. Also, a continue was cold and beautiful, that done a bike float really pleasant.
- Walked 3 mins to Foggy Bottom Metro hire (WALK)
- Boarded a Orange Line in a instruction of Vienna (METRO)
- Exited during East Falls Church and rode my bike behind home (BIKE)
Obviously this outing was done probable since we have memberships in CaBi and Car2Go. In fact, my Car2Go trips were free, since this was my initial time regulating it, and we still had 30 mins of giveaway use from my fasten promotion. Without that promo, a trips would have cost about $3.40 any way.